The 1st General Assembly of Zero-SWARM Project took place in Thessaloniki, Greece at the ITI-CERTH facilities from 06 – 08 September 2022. In this session, the entire Zero-SWARM consortium, formed by academic and industry partners as well as the Project Coordinator and Technical Manager participated reviewing the actions carried out and defining the next steps to achieve the goals of the project.
All project activities, related technical topics, work packages, and trials were discussed during these three fruitful days, among all:
- Requirements, system design and architecture
- Shaping 5G for the green and digital manufacturing sector
- Runtime information continuum enabling awareness in the industrial domain
- Smart assembly in cabinet production
- Sustainable powertrains
- Improved resilience with remote operation in mass customized production
- 5G powered PLC’s for real time communications in distributed control systems
- Safe and autonomous transport of goods in the factory shop floors using 5G
- 5G enabled process aware AGVs
- Plug & connect 5G industrial network setups for industrial operations
- Mobile intelligent agents for integrated re-configurability of the zero plastic waste production line
- Edge-cloud continuum to support smart maintenance and optimization
- 5G enabled remote quality control for zero defect resilient manufacturing
- and much more …
The action plan to address all of the aforementioned pillars were carefully discussed, achieving an excellent agreement between each partner member of the consortium.
This meeting was not only useful to address the Project goals but also to improve the work environment among all project members, through a friendly social interaction.